Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A manly scarf


I know, it doesn't look too manly up there on the dress form standing in front of a yellow heart in a chippy silver leafed frame, but trust me it is a manly, fisherman worthy scarf.  Or at least I think the wool used is typically used for fisherman sweaters.  I don't really want to give it to a fisherman to try out since he might lose it and I would be out of hours HOURS of knitting. I knitted up this scarf for the Mr.  I found a yarn that I loved and then tried to find a pattern that I thought would be easy enough for my distracted self to follow. I found the pattern on Purl and it was a Mistake Stitch.  I had to start over a few times due to distractions, but I finally used up that gigantic ball of yarn.  And, I like this scarf so much I have a feeling I will be borrowing it next winter.

Now, I am back to stitching.  I just finished tracing off and placing the first stitches on my biggest hoop yet!  I do love knitting, but it is much easier to be distracted stitching.... I know better how to fix my mistakes!



in case you are wondering, I modified the yarn and the needle size on this scarf.  I used nearly all 478 yards of Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool (undyed Peruvian Highland in shade 9006) and I used size 10 straight needles.  Other than that, I followed the the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment