Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A (couple of ) Letter (s) a Day in May {T} and {U}


So, I got distracted by watching the last episode of The Office on hulu last night and completely forgot to post my letter.  {T} was created by using the fly stitch... I think that is what most people call it anyhow.  It is one of my favorite stitches, especially when it is spread out along a line.  I added little wheels using the blanket stitch on the ends.


The {U} was created from a blanket stitch, chain stitch, stem stitch and back stitch.  I am hoping that once I block it the crowding on the right side will even out a bit.  If not, it was a pretty easy letter so I will just re stitch it.

I just got in a sampler from purl soho and some absolutely delicious yarns to make more scarves.  I am nearing the end of my Letter a Day project and have enjoyed keeping up with something nearly every day.  I may do a stitch dictionary next month.... one line of the same stitch each day and switch up the stitches... there are still a few that I haven't tried yet, let alone mastered.  

Back tomorrow with  {V}

No comments:

Post a Comment