Monday, May 20, 2013

Home Sweet Home


So, I finished my BIG project that I have been stitching.  It is a 15" vintage hoop with some happy colors and a simple sentiment.  I had originally planned on hanging this on the front door instead of a wreath, but I get a little wacky when watering my ferns, so I will need to put something a little more durable.  I only really like traditional wreaths at Christmas anyway, but I still like to have something on the blank blackness of my front door.


I stitched some parts really loosely and others more tightly.  I wanted it to look really sketchbook-y.


When I saw the cover of Country Living a few months ago with Reed Van Brunschot's work in embroidery and cross stitch, I knew I wanted to create something large.  Mine still isn't on the same scale size wise or artistically (I feel his are a little tongue in cheek *wink*)

And, I was also inspired by the lovely work of Anna Rifle Bond I love her florals and her colors that she uses.

I have to resize this pattern before I can make it available for all you stitchers out there.  I think it looks best BIG, but the hoop I had was a vintage and you don't find that size everyday.  Back later with my letter {T}

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!!! I wanted to do the same after seeing the Country Living mag. Too funny!! I bought a hoop, now I just need to do one! Thanks for inspiring me again! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete